ELIP1009 Aqua based training (5 cr)
- The physiological features of water based exercising
- The physiological benefits and effects for health and fitness
- Exercises for improving health, aquagym, aqua jogging, aquatic therapy, adapted aquatics for persons with special needs
Lectures and demonstrations 16 h
Practical training 40 h
Seminars 8 h
Learning diary of visiting different aqua based groups compining practical and theory based evidence.
Portfolio of one spezialised area.
Upon successful completion of the course the student is able to
- Student knows the benefits and features of Aqua Based exercises for health, fitness and therapy.
- Student is capable to plan, instruct and evaluate goal-oriented and safe physical activity sessions for groups and individuals in water.
- Students identify themselves suitable counseling methods, achieve a secure and safe feeling with their skills of guidance.
- The student is able to evaluate and support others guidance as well as learn suitable methods of counseling by observing a variety of groups or individuals.
Becker BE & Cole AJ. 2011. Comprehensive Aquatic Therapy. 3rd ed. Washington State University Publisihing.
Brody L & Geigle P. 2009. Aqutic Exercise for Rehabilitation and Training. Human Kinetics.Toivonen A., Kauttio T., Kujanpää S., Nevalainen M., Rinkinen H. & Saavalainen A. 2014. Monien mahdollisuuksien erityisuinti. Suomen Uimaopetus- ja Hengenpelastusliitto ry.