KTTA2160 Macroeconomics I (8 cr)
Goods market. Financial market. Equilibrium in goods and financial market. ISLM-model. Labour market. Labour supply.Labour demand. Unemployment. Aggreagate supply. Phillps-curve. AS-AD model. Medium run economic analysis and economic policy. Current account dynamics, Mundell-Fleming -model. Economic policy in a common currency area. Basics of growth theory. Topics.
• recognize the short and medium run cycles in the economy
• identify the factors behind the economic growth
• recognize the current state of the business cycle in the economy
• evaluate the progress of employment
• provide forecast for the economics growth
• analyze the macroeconomic performance of the economy and provide recommendations for economic policy at different stages of business cycles in various type of economies
Timing: 2nd year
Description of prerequisites
Weil D. N. 2013. Economic Growth, International Edition, 3rd Edition. Routledge, New York (NY). ISBN-13: 978-0-273-76929-3. You may also use Pearson International Edition, 2nd Edition. Pearson, Boston (MA).
- Blanchard, O., Amighini, A., Giavazzi, F. 2013. Macroeconomics: a European perspective, 2nd Edition. Pearson.; ISBN: 13: 978-0-273-77168-5
- Weil D. N. 2013. Economic Growth, International Edition, 3rd Edition. Routledge, New York (NY); ISBN: 13: 978-0-273-76929-3