IBES1930 Master Level Research Tutorial (3 op)
The seminar prepares students for scientific work in their Master's Thesis and provides insights into the scientific literature. This includes writing of a theme analysis and a research plan and constructive review of others' work. The students will receive counseling in how to formulate appropriate research questions, build a solid research setting, select suitable theories and develop a research plan for their master thesis.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the nature of scientific dialogue
- Indentify a research area of interest
- Form appropriate research questions for a Master’s thesis
- Form a theoretical framework for a Master’s thesis
- Justify the choice of the research methods of their own Master’s thesis
- Identify features related to analyzing acquired empirical data
- Take part in academic discussions as presenters, peer students and commentators
- Produce a theme analysis and a research plan
Academic year II. In the mandatory major subject courses of the IBE programme there is required attendance of 80% of all lecture hours.
The students should have completed the majority of courses of the Master’s Degree Programme in International Business and Entrepreneurship.