LPE0575 Physical Education Practicum / Orienteering (2 op)
Use of map and compass in various environments
Basic skills in orienteering (movement in forest, orienteering equipment, different maps and map reading).
Various ways to do orienteering and hiking in near forest.
Finnish every man rights and ecological ways in to do orienteering and movement
2 hour lesson, 16 hours of practical exercises
Active participation in lessons and exercises
Active participation 50 %, orienteering skills 25 %, class activity 25 %
Presence in all lessons is required for completing the course. The student will be assessed on the basis of active participation, group behaviour and positive attitude towards the subject to be taught, the teacher and other course participants during the lessons.
On successful completion of this course, student is able to
- enjoy the movement in the Finnish nature using map and compass
- know the physical and mental benefits of the movement in nature
- use the different ways of orienteering
- co-operate with other students in orienteering environments
- support other students in the learning of orienteering skills