YMAA2220 Creating and Editing Social Media Content Using Graphic Design Platform Canva (2 op)
Compelling social media content is essential for all business activities, including internal and external communication with various stakeholders. Equally important is to follow established brand style guides when producing social media content.
This self-contained, online course covers the basic steps of photo production (this section is identical to YMAA2210 Creating and Editing Photos Using Photoshop as quality photographs taken by the student are used as part of this Canva course).
Today, smartphones offer great photo shooting opportunities and for this course students should plan to use their own smartphones for taking pictures.
The assessment for this course is to produce promotional social media content for students’ own course as well as following established brand style guides.
Contents of the course are related to the following working skills (generic skills)
- creative thinking
- problem solving
On successful completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Plan and carry out a basic photo session for various needs: taking pictures of people vs landscapes; indoors vs outdoors, dealing with natural vs artificial light (20% of content)
- Learn to analyse established social media accounts and design social media content that matches the company/brand style guide
- Learn how to set up a Canva account and choose from free project templates to enhance brand design guide
- Learn to use photographs in social media posts that follow brand design guides
- Learn to create graphics (with text) for social media content that follow brand design guides
No pre-requisites. Students are recommended to take YMAA2210 before this course.
- Esitietoryhmä 1
All learning materials are available in Moodle. Learning materials consist of expert guidance videos and demonstrations.