You are warmly welcomed to the Open University!
Facts and figures
- The most popular open university in Finland
- Open University is established in 1984
- An independent institute within the University of Jyväskylä
- Nearly 50 subjects with instruction in Finnish, some in English
- Approximately 60 educational partner institutions
- 14 000 students annually
Skills for the future: intermediate studies in psychology
Open University in short
- The Open University is an integral part of the University of Jyväskylä.
- If you intend to pursue academic studies through distance learning, the Open University offers you suitable opportunities.
- Multiple blended learning options have been in use for many years.
- Read more
The Open University is for everyone!
Values and vision
The Open University adheres to the values and ethical principles of the University of Jyväskylä.
- learner-centred and lifelong learning
- academic education
- ensuring the success of our partners
- regeneration and innovation
- sustainable development
The Open University strenghtens the University's profile as a leading adult educator and teachers' educator with a nationally remarkable volume and high pedagogical quality, offering flexible and versatile modes of study, which will also provide opportunities for internationalization.
University of Jyväskylä
40014 University of Jyväskylä
Open University of University of Jyväskylä cooperates with various organisations both within Finland and internationally.
University of Jyväskylä is a full member of the European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU) and of the European University Continuing Education Network (EUCEN).