KTTA3510 Labour Markets (5 cr)
Labour supply of individuals and households, labour demand in the short and the long run, labour market equilibrium, competitive and non-competitive labour markets, compensating wage differentials, human capital, the wage structure, labor mobility, discrimination, microeconomic trade union models, labour market contracts and work incentives, efficiency wages, unemployment.
Book exam: Academic year
Accepted completion of the designated assignments. The assessment criteria of the course is specified in the study program annually.
• illustrate factors affecting labour supply and demand
• analyse factors behind the wage structure and wage differentials
• interpret and apply the human capital theories
• analyse the behaviour of job searchers and employers in the market with imperfect information
• illustrate different kinds of wage policies and labour market contracts
• explain functioning of the labour market on the basis of insider-outsider theory
• explain differences in policies aimed at reducing different types of unemployment (seasonal, frictional, structural and cyclical unemployment)
Opetus järjestetään avoimessa yliopistossa: https://www.avoin.jyu.fi/fi/ilmoittautuminen/opintomaksut/tutkinto-opiskelijoille
Description of prerequisites
- Borjas, G. J. 2019. Labor Economics. 8th edition. New York : McGraw-Hill.; ISBN13: 9781260565522