YTTP1150 Introduction to Corporate Communication (5 cr)
This study module introduces the key concepts of corporate communication in contemporary organizations. The course provides an overview of:
- Corporate identity, branding and reputation
- Communication strategy and management
- Specific fields of corporate communication; employee communication, change communication, media relations, social media, crisis communication and corporate social responsibility
- Research and measurement
JSBE: Contact teaching course, Fall semester, 1st period. Detailed instructions for how to complete this course will be announced in the annual study programme.
Open University: Contact teaching course (study methods will be announced in the annual study programme) or online course (study methods will be announced in the annual study programme) or book exam or essay
Accepted completion of the designated assignments. The assessment criteria of the course is specified in the study program annually.
- explain the important role of corporate communication in today’s digitalized society
- classify the different functions of corporate communication
- identify the basic principles and concepts of corporate communication management
JSBE: Lectures in English (exam in English or Finnish)
At the Open University lectures in Finnish, some modes of study also available in English
- Cornelissen, J. 2017. Corporate Communication. A Guide to Theory and Practice. 5th edition. Sage Publications Ltd.; ISBN: 9781473953697