JSBJ1322 Qualitative Research in Practice (4 op)
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the field of qualitative research and prepare you to undertake independent research using a qualitative approach. The research methods of qualitative research are multiple, flexible and open to contextual interpretation. The course offers you knowledge of qualitative research methods that helps you to conduct your research in practice following the key principles of research ethics. In particular, the perspectives to different qualitative research approaches, producing empirical data, analyzing the data and managing reporting are covered and discussed during the course.
- understand different approaches, settings and good practices of qualitative research
- frame your own study in the field of the different approaches and settings
- explain what good practices of qualitative research mean from your research viewpoint
- describe main ways to produce data in qualitative research
- plan and evaluate data production in your own research
- understand key characteristics and processes of qualitative analysis and interpretation
- reflect and evaluate your own decisions concerning data analysis and interpretation
- describe best practices and the components of a qualitative research report
- understand the principles of research ethics and use this knowledge in your own research
Course will be held in the 4th period in spring 2021
Master's degree, admission to the JSBE doctoral program
Reading material assigned by lecturers.
Online Course (4 op)
Online course including 10 hours of lecturing and a set of individual assignments. Participation in the lectures is obligatory.